Garmin Malaysia officially kickstarted the Garmin Solidarity Run with a virtual running campaign for a good cause. With an open registration for up to 1,000 participants, all participants are welcome from today until the 16th of October for a communal experience, united in solidarity with a contribution fee ranging across RM 30, RM 50, RM 100, RM 200 and RM 300 for a virtual run powered by Biib, a running event organiser.
The Garmin Solidarity Run focuses on forging a foundation for participants to build on their health while contributing to the society; an equally beneficial effort against the implications of the pandemic. Participants are encouraged to virtually run a comfortable distance of up to 21 KM with a joining fee of their choice. In return, each of them will receive an e-certificate and limited edition Garmin jersey.
A Partnership with The Hope Branch Malaysia
Donations collected from the registration fees will be granted to The Hope Branch Malaysia through their #THBRULE campaign in contribution of Rent, Utilities, Living expenses for families in need. Proceeds from the donation will go towards The Hope Branch Malaysia after deduction of Biib’s processing and courier fees.
The Hope Branch is a local initiative in partnership with Kitajagakita to effectively raise funds and execute immediate aid for the less fortunate in every part of Malaysian society. Helmed by Dr Jezzamine Lim and Harith Iskander, the Hope Branch represents a movement in the frontlines with a focus on supporting families, frontliners and refugees in an effort to provide relief during these difficult times under the #benderaputih #whiteflag efforts.
“We will be seeking and identifying deserving individuals to help pay their rent, utilities and other living expenses and to support them through their current dilemma. Our goal is to identify 200 individuals or families and cover their rent or utilities or living expenses for a minimum of 3 months, enough duration for them to focus on re-skilling programmes or job searches and creations. These are decent, honest members of the community who Malaysia cannot afford to lose to ‘poverty’ and (potential) depression. The Hope Branch is committed to support these people through these most trying times in their lives.” Said Dr Jezzamine Lim Iskander.
Terms and Conditions
- The Garmin Solidarity Run for a Good Cause is a virtual event.
- Participants must obey the current Movement Control Order in your area and social distancing rules. Individual, non-contact sports and recreational activities with adequate physical distancing are allowed in outdoor areas from 6 AM – 10 PM. This includes running or jogging, cycling, hiking and more.
- Indoor running on a treadmill is also acceptable. Participants may submit a photo of their treadmill dashboard by manual submission. Participants are only allowed to submit distance tracked activities. Step based activity will NOT be accepted.
- Anyone wishing to participate for the sole purpose of donating to charity is also acceptable.
- Participants must sync or submit (start date and time, duration, distance and route (for outdoor activity only) within 72 hours after the end of each activity and before the end of the event at 23:59 Saturday 16th October 2021 (GMT +8). Late submissions will not be accepted.